35 Players made the trip to Atlanta, Georgia for the 4th Tuskvitational. Thanks for eveyone that traveled from out of state to attend, and for those that took the plunge into Hyper Extended for the first time.
With 35 players a proper number of rounds for Swiss+1 was 7, but the decision was made halfway through to reduce that to 6 in the interest of time and because there would be no undefeated and clear undisputed winner after 7 rounds.
Therefore, with a record of 5-1 after 6 rounds, and having vanquished the three other players with the same record in a bout of Trivia, Max Schroeder took home the Tuskvitional 4 title with Rg Goblins.
- 1st 5-1 Max (Rg Goblins)
- 2nd 5-1 Greg (High Tide)
- 3rd 5-1 Mith (Suicide Black)
- 4th 5-1 Eric (Enchantress)
First place tiebreaker trivia question for those playing along at home.
Name as many Hyper Extended legal cards as you can that given a 60 card deck comprised of the same card that could win a game of Magic provided no interaction by the opponent.
For example: A deck of 60 Treetop Villages could win by making a land drop each turn and attacking with activated Treetops.
The following are not based on breakers, but were instead randomly drawn from pools of the same record.
- 5th Brian (High Tide)
- 6th Mike (Storm)
- 7th Matt (Storm, Oath Sideboard)
- 8th Sy (WB)
- 9th Jaco (UGW OathStill)
- 10th Daniel (Goblins)
- 11th Greg (Burn)
- 12th Nathan (Braids Reanimator)
- 13th Zack (Mono Blue Sky Stompy)
- 14th Abby (White Weenie)
- 15th Jacob (Goblins)
- 16th Jon-Paul (Cloud Pirates)
- 17th Sean (The NeveringEnding Story)
- 18th Ben (Miracle Gro)
- 19th Josh (UR Welder)
- 20th Morgan (UGb Full English Breakfast)
- 21st Keeton (Squeeteor Storm)
- 22nd Nathan (Wood Sages and Ichorids)
- 23rd Fro (Sandsipose)
- 24th Jamie (UB Reanimator)
- 25th Brendan (BRG Lifeline)
And the rest I forgot to write down. Some of these were drops.
- ? Sam (Hermit Druid StifleNought)
- ? Piper (UG Madness)
- ? BJ (MUD)
- ? Loni (Mono Black Bottomless Pit)
- ? Josh (Saproling Pandeburst)
- ? George (RB Goblins)
- ? Jojo (UW Rebels)
- ? Ian
- ? Ziggy
A big thank you to Andrew for head judging the event, running pairings on paper and to him and Sol for officating trivia when required.